July 09, 2013

Black Lava















I almost didn't know where to start when it came to editing my Iceland photographs. So I started with lava, as it is the foundation of this extraordinary country. With over 30 active volcano systems, Iceland's volcanoes have erupted over a third of the world's total lava output of the past 500 years. I spent many wonderful hours in surreal moss-covered lava fields and walking along peaceful black beaches that tell a more violent story of tectonic upheaval, creation, and destruction. This is truly an awe-inspiring place.

15 comments:

Delphine Comte said...

Beautiful photographs! Great atmosphere, must have been fantastic to be there.

Ariane Reichardt said...

Really beautiful photos, Irene! Great motives and great selection.

Congrats,
Ariane.

Gethdimage.com said...

wow wow awesome shots you got. Really awesome pictures in this post. Like it. Thanks author.

beth said...

these photos are amazing and need to be hung in a gallery !!!!

Bibbi said...

Awesome photos. Beautiful!

Natašek said...

Beautiful photographs indeed! I like the silence of them and their "simplicity".

her billowing heart said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!

these are so stirring!

Lindsey said...

Absolutely beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing!
Aude

Tina Crespo said...

breathtaking! it feels like you've captured a completely different time period, i appreciate the dark tones throughout.

Ashley Moore said...

These photos are stunning! It's been a life long dream of mine to go to Iceland. These photos are just feeding that dream!

Unknown said...

I am thrilled really. These clicks are too amazing and stunning. I must say this is the actual standard of Fine Art Photography. The shots itself are expressing that they are being clicked by a professional.


Beautiful clicks ! really.

Christal said...

Great!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely beautiful. They radiate some calmness I have seldom seen. And I see you had similar weather at Jökulsárlon as I had last summer. ;) I loved the drizzel and the limited visibility.

milkywalls said...

your picture are amazing.