July 28, 2008

Little fluffy clouds




The first part of my vacation was spent in Les Landes in the Aquitaine region of France. It's along the Bay of Biscay, very close to the Spanish border. The town I stayed in is a surfer's paradise. I never really associated surfing with France. It makes perfect sense of course. It's along the Atlantic coast where there are waves galore. But somehow, surfing seems so um, un-French to me. So it was wonderful to see a side of France that I didn't know existed ... a very casual, beachy surfer culture, completely unlike what I imagine the more famous, meditteranean beaches along the Cote d'Azur to be like.

And the clouds, when they came out, were to die for.

3 comments:

Sarah Mansur said...

I just found you on Flickr, and then found your blog. You are an inspiration. I got lost in your photostream...your images feel so surreal and completely captivate your audience. Absolutely beautiful. I love the use of textures...you know just how to make them work and make your images into works of art.

Geisslein said...

Irene, I love your photos!!!! These colours are so wonderful and soft, great work! Looking forward to see your new post!
Wish you a very nice day!
Tanja

Geisslein said...

Oh - and I also LOVE clouds!!!!
:o)