February 28, 2008

Northern Exposure



Last fall I entered the Canadian Geographic Photography Contest. I won the runner-up prize in the Landscapes category for my photograph "Tumbledown beach", which was published in the January/February issue of the magazine. In addition to getting published, I won a pair of Nikon binoculars. Last year, when I won the Photo Life contest, I also won a pair of binoculars, but a very snazzy (translate $$$$$) pair of Swarovski binoculars. I sold them on Ebay, as I just didn't see myself (har har) using them enough, and ended up putting the money towards a Canon L-series lens, which I do use a lot. Win-win! But I think I'll keep this Nikon pair. They might come in handy this summer on the trip I've begun daydreaming about ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks even better if you go out and get the actual magazine...hint...hint...

Anonymous said...

I will have to see if I can get a copy. I'm so excited to have found your work. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Many bring about several emotions at once. Carmen in Arkansas!

Jude said...

Congrats, Irene, and welcome to the blogosphere! I've got you bookmarked and will check in with you often.

lookyang said...

you're awesome )v(